The heart of Istrian peninsula is called Central Istria. Central Istria is known for a fairy-tale landscape of vineyards, olive groves and picturesque little medieval hilltop towns. This foodie’s paradise, Central Istria, is home of the gastronomic king, the truffle. Spend your vacation in a villa with pool in Central Istria, surrounded by dreamlike nature and enjoy divine gastronomic offer!
Peaceful countryside of Central Istria is a perfect retreat from stressful modern life and busy cities. However, tourist hotspots on the Adriatic coast are just a short drive away and are easy to reach. The landscape of the Central Istria irresistibly reminds of Tuscany or Provence.
The administrative centre of Istria is Pazin. Main symbol of the town is a medieval castle above the river of Pazincica and the cave situated underneath the fortress.
This region features several medieval towns, settled on the hilltops, which offer amazing views. During your stay in our villa, we recommend to visit some of the small towns such as: Buje, Buzet, Dvigrad, Groznjan, Hum, Motovun, Oprtalj, Pazin, Pican, Vizinada, Vodnjan and Zminj.
The area around these small towns and Mirna river are known for bike trails, horseback riding, hunting tourism and truffles. The so-called 'Parenzana', first Istrian railway, which passes by these towns, once connected Trieste with Porec. Recently it was converted into a biking trail.
Unspoiled natural landscapes and rich cultural heritage of this region will simply amaze you.
We invite you to come and stay in one of our beautiful villas with pool in Central Istria!
Things to see and do:
- Truffle hunting and tasting
- Visit Pazin Cave
- Watch movies underneath the stars during the Motovun Film Festival
- Discover wine roads
- Wine-tasting in one of the wine cellars
- Have a meal in a rustic tavern konoba away from it all
- Meet a local beekeeper and taste honey
- Experience horseback riding
- Discover Parenzana on a bike
- Visit Jazz Festival in Groznjan
- Check out the Truffle Days in Livade
- Visit Hum, the world`s smallest town
- Explore Glagolitic Alley between Roc and Hum
- Visit Buzet and have a shot of homemade grappa: biska or medica
- Visit the astronomical observatory in Visnjan
- Discover Venetian architecture in Svetvincenat