1. General information
This notice explains how MEUS d.o.o. (part of the Awaze group), having its registered seat in in Zagreb, Ulica Ivane Brlić Mažuranić 2C, PIN: 53383792707 (hereinafter: ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’), as registered tourist agency My Istria, will use your personal data.
We may update this notice occasionally and the most recent version will be published on this webpage.
2. What personal data we collect about you
We only collect personal data about you when we need to and this may include:
• contact details such as e-mail address, phone number, home address
• booking history;
• data collected through cookies, such as website visits and interactions with communications sent by us (e.g. email opens and clicks);
• data on transactions: partial number of the bank card, amount, time and location of the transaction;
We only process special categories of personal data, such as health data, when this is necessary for the booking, for example, to identify accommodation that meets your requirements or for insurance purposes.
We will collect this information directly from you or those travelling in your party.
If you book a property, the provision of some data is a contractual requirement. If you do not provide this data, we may not be able to fulfil a contract with you.
3. Why we use your personal data
We only use your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. This includes:
- where we have your consent;
- to perform, or enter into, a contract with you;
- for ours or a third party’s legitimate interests; and/or
- to comply with a legal obligation.
To process special categories of personal information, we must have additional justification to do so and only use it where we have your explicit consent, you have made the information public, in relation to legal claims or it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
Depending on how you interact with us, we may use your personal data in the following ways:
|Purpose for processing
||Lawful basis for processing
||Legitimate interest (where applicable)
|To complete and manage your booking and related requests (if you are booking a holiday)
|Record keeping and providing good customer service
|For statistical purposes
||Evaluating our services
|To personalise repeat visits to our websites
|To carry out marketing activities – as well as sending our newsletter, we also use cookie data to display relevant advertisements on websites and social media.
|Working out which of our services you may be interested in and telling you about them
|To manage customer service queries and complaints
||Improving our service and resolving issues
|To manage your entry into our contests and other promotional activities
|To ask you to leave a review about the accommodation and/or services that have been provided
|Understanding the perception of our business and improving our services
|To send service messages, such as updates to our terms and conditions
||Keeping our customers updated
|To comply with a legal obligation, process or request
|To enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential breach
|Protecting our business
|To detect or prevent crime, including fraud
|Protecting our business and customers
Assisting law enforcement and government bodies
|To address security or technical issues
|Protecting our business and customers
|To protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, homeowners, customers, employees, contractors, a third party or the public
|Protecting our business, customers, third parties and the public
|To test, develop and improve our services
||Improving our business
|To establish, exercise or defend our legal right
||Protecting our business
4. How long we keep your data for
We have retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes, in line with relevant industry standards or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner or anonymised so it can no longer be attributed to you.
5. Third parties we share your data with
We may share your information with:
- other members of the Awaze group and their service providers;
- owners of or agents for holiday accommodation you have booked;
- insurance provider, if you have taken out an insurance policy as part of the booking;
- credit/debit card and payment service providers;
- third party service providers (e.g. IT and support services, marketing services, resorts, management companies);
- government agencies, regulators and other authorities
- customer review companies
- third parties that we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our assets or business to or with and businesses we acquire or merge with
- third parties you have authorised us to speak to
- professional advisors, including bankers, lawyers, auditors, accountants and insurers who provide us services
Third parties are required to process your personal information in line with data protection legislation. Where a third party is acting on our behalf, we do not allow them to use your information for their own purposes and we ensure they have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information.
6. International transfers of data
We may send your information outside of the EU to help deliver our services. We will only transfer your information outside of the EU if one of the following transfer mechanisms applies:
- an adequacy decision
- standard contractual clauses and where necessary, supplementary measures
- it is necessary for contractual purposes e.g. if the owner of the facility you reserved is located outside of the EU, we will need to send your data there
For details of the relevant transfer mechanism, please contact us using the contact details in section 8.
7. Your rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information, including providing you with a copy of the personal data you are entitled to;
- request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data or add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- request the erasure of your personal data, where we have no good reason to keep it;
- object to way we use your personal data, where we rely on legitimate interests or use it for direct marketing;
- request that we limit that way we use your personal data
- request we send you or a third party a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used format;
- withdraw your consent where rely on it to process your data
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch (see our contact details in section 8).
8. Contact us
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Whilst we endeavour to address any queries, you may also raise concerns with the relevant supervisory authority, for example, the Personal Data Protection Agency in Croatia.
Notice on cookies
We use the following categories of cookies:
- "Strictly necessary" cookies for the functionality of this website. These cookies are essential to enable users to move around this website and use its features.
- "Performance" cookies which collect information about how users navigate this website, for instance which pages users access most frequently. They identify how users interact with our website, find out which pages seem to hold people up, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, what pages users tend to visit and in what order. All of this helps us to refine and develop our website to try and make them more usable when a user visits us again in future.
- "Functionality" cookies which allow this website to remember choices you make. For example, what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- "Targeting or advertising" cookies collect information about your visit to our website, such as content viewed, links followed and information about your browser, device, and IP address to display personalised advertisements. Sometimes we share limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes, so when you visit another website, you may see advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
For more general information about cookies and how to disable them through your browser, visit allaboutcookies.org
. Contact us (see Section 9) if you have questions about the cookies used on this website.